I am working on creating a list of activities to do with the girls this summer. Our very own Summer “Bucket List.”
The list has been a work in progress in my brain for a few weeks now, so it’s helping me to get it written down so I won’t forget what I want to do.
And I like having a list because I’m a bit compulsive about checking things off. Speaking of which, since this has been vaguely floating in my head for a few weeks, some of the items are already done. Yay me!
Here’s our Bucket List for this summer:
- Go Fishing – Done (though Lass still wants to catch a whale…)
- Sleep Out in a Tent
- Hunt for Bugs – Done, but we need to do it again when it isn’t raining
- Go to the Beach
- Pick Wildflowers – Done.
- Roast Marshmallows and Eat S’Mores
- Watch Fireworks
- Grow Caterpillars into Butterflies (Got caterpillars. They’re growing. Waiting on the butterflies.)
- Go to the Zoo
- Go On a Treasure Hunt Outside – Done.
- Visit a Horse Farm and Ride a Horse – Done for the visit to a horse farm, but we didn’t get to ride the horses, so we’ll try again.
- Swim in a Lake or Pond
- Go to a Splash Pad
- Run Through a Sprinkler
- Put a Sprinkler Under Our Trampoline and Jump
- Visit a Butterfly Garden
- Play Hopscotch
- Make Popsicles
- Play with Water Balloons
- Catch Tadpoles – Done.
- Go to the “Dirty Weird Zoo” Again (and try to avoid the goat attack this time)
- Picnic Lunch in the Yard
- Build a Sandcastle
- Water Play (and maybe a math lesson?)
- Have a Dance Party in the Yard
- Go For A Bike Ride
- Read Books Outside
- Do an Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
- Make Ice Cream
- Catch Fireflies
- Go For a Boat Ride – Done.
- Get Ice Cream from an Ice Cream Truck
- Go to the Farmer’s Market
- Make Unpoppable Bubbles
- Go to the Park
- Make Art/Pets from Rocks
- Go to an Outdoor Concert
- Visit a Farm
- Have a Cookout and Movie Night with Friends (Super Friend and Her Family)
- Find Outdoor Treasures and Use Them to Make an Art Project
- Make Old-Fashioned Lemonade
- Make Firework Glitter Art
- Bubble Painting
- Plant a Garden – Done.
- Make a Fairy Garden or Maybe a Home for Our Rock Pets
- Pick Strawberries, Blueberries, and/or Raspberries
- Complete Summer Reading Programs (our local library, Scholastic, and Half-Price Books)
- Shop Some Yard Sales
- Make Huge Bubbles (maybe use the unpoppable bubble recipe from above for this?)
- Do Family Date Night at Our Local Old-Fashioned Drive In Restaurant (maybe even with a picnic in the back of my Expedition like we did a few years ago)
I’m going to make a poster with these items so that the girls and I can check them off as we complete each one. Miss says she wants to “make her own list,” so we’ll see what ends up on hers.
What’s on yours?